Who want to be known as a cheater their whole lives after college? I surely don’t. Being academically honest is the way to go. Coming from high school to ASU is a big change and a challenge for everyone.
Getting to class and being given an assignment that you think you cannot be able to do and the only thing that pops into your mind is going onto the internet and buying one of someone. If you did that in high school and you think coming to ASU is not going to pass. It is considered cheater and going against the academic integrity code that you signed. What ASU considered to be going against the code is one, cheating. It might be physically, like writing answers on your hand.
Another is getting a copy of test from a friend or just copying from the person sitting by you during a test. Other example, are not citing your work right, copying and pasting and lots others. When you as a student is caught being academic dishonest they can get various number of consequences. The largest is that they will receive and XE on their transcripts that can never go away and get expelled. The teacher might give them a failing grade for the assignment or even the entire course.
So one thing to remember freshmen, when it comes to trying to go the easy route in college it does not pass. Time yourself and do your work right. If you do not understand an assignment feel free to ask your professors who do not mind answering questions. Another option is that you can go to the different tutoring centers that are available for all ASU students and they can help clarify the assignment for you.
Swahili word of the day
Cheating- ubazazi

2 comments:
I know I would never want to be labeled as a cheater.
I know I would never want to fail just for being lazy.
Post a Comment