Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Go Green People!!!




Sustainability is a word that is not a word that you could not hear that often back in the older times. Today sustainability is everywhere and being a part of ASU the dean of the school is very passionate about this topic. Sustainability has lots of definitions it may be defined “as forming activities”. When one reads that what does that mean to them. To me it means that we need to learn about our world how it functions and what the best way to save our world.

Chuck Reedman stated that “Global population is increasing rapidly. In 1950 when I was a child, there were only two and a half billion people on the planet. Today there are over six billion, and by the time you’re my age, I expect there’ll be nine billion or more people on this globe.” As you think about that number, how can you as a person want to make this world a healthier and better place for your future generations?

I can say I am an avid person who wants the world to go green. And by green I mean using our resources to the best possible way. It might be by one getting a hybrid car. Theautochanel.com says that Hybrid vehicles reduce America's dependence on foreign oil and minimize emissions from greenhouse gases. When one decides on getting a hybrid car, they are saving money on gas and at the same time saving our future. Another possible way of saving our earth is minimizing water consumptions. America being such a well off country we are wasting about 9 million gallons of water daily.

Their lots of ways to save the earth so coming up with an idea or activity would be the best at your own definition for sustainability.


Swahili word of the day

Fufua Dunia- save the world

1 comment:

Jamie Lynn said...

I think that we are definitely going to have at least 9 billion people in this world and it is crazy to think about.